Drugs and Alcohol

 Some support services accept self-referrals from people misusing alcohol or other substances.

Getting help in your area

There are local dedicated drug and alcohol support services, providing help to people with drug and alcohol problems.

If you have a problem with alcohol or drugs and want information about support services near you, go to:


If you need help because you’re misusing alcohol or other substances, you can refer yourself to get help and support. Check support and advice services in your area that accept self-referrals. 

Support for family members

There is support and advice for people affected by a family member’s substance misuse even if that person isn’t receiving treatment. 

Mental health services for drug or alcohol problems

There are different mental health services available across Northern Ireland to deal specifically with drug and alcohol-related problems.

For information about statutory, voluntary and community mental health organisations, go to: